Effective Date 22nd October 2019
Your Privacy and RUGS FOR GOOD/ABN 94 933 845 354 (collectively and individually referred to “RUGS FOR GOOD”, “we”, “our”, or “us”).
Who we are and how you can contact us
You can contact us for privacy related questions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only use your personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Laws (Privacy Act (1988 (Cth)), Australian Privacy Principles and to the extent applicable, with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any replacement legislation or regulation or guidelines and standards governing the use, storage or transmission of personal data.
Our Role in your Privacy
As we are the providers of the products and services on this Site, we determine how and why your data is processed. We do not sell or rent your details to any third parties. We are committed to protecting your privacy and we want you to know exactly what information is collected and how we use it.
When and How we collect Data
From the moment you visit our Site, we are collecting data, sometimes you might provide this data by completing a form or setting up an account, otherwise we might collect the data automatically. We may also collect data when:
- You purchase a gift card for redemption on our Site
- You interact with us on social media
- You complete any sign-up forms, landing pages or send us a direct message via social media or an email to any of our nominated emails
- You participate in promotions and giveaways or any request for additional data such as customer surveys
- You accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on any device you use to interact with us
- You voluntarily submit your data to us for any reason
Types of Data we may collect (including automatically)
- Contact details (name, address, email)
- Financial Information (bank details when you are making a purchase)
- Data about the products or services you purchase
- Data that identifies you (your IP address, login, browser type, time zone, browser plug ins, geolocation, what operating system and version)
- Data on how you use our Site (URL clicks, products and services views, how long you are on our pages and other actions)
How and why we use your Data and disclosure
Under data laws, we are only allowed to use your data for specific reasons and where we have the legal basis to do so.
We will use your data for the purposes it was collected and related purposes including:
- To run our Site
- provide you with products, information and services
- Customer support
- Track your purchase history
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Improve our Site
- Make your experience on our Site more efficient and enjoyable
- Market research e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services
- Provide you with information about events, other products or services or opportunities that may be of interest
- Marketing (with your consent)
- Monitor your compliance with our Website Terms and Conditions
We may disclose your data for the purposes it was collected and also:
- As required by law subject to our obligations
- With your consent
- Within our business
- Send you marketing material (with your consent)
- Process your participation in any promotions and giveaways (including contacting you if you win, displaying your name online and on our social media platforms)
- Share with third parties to enable us to provide our products and/or services
Mobile Terms of Service
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2023
The Rugs For Good mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Rugs For Good (“Rugs For Good”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Rugs For Good’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Rugs For Good through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialling system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Rugs For Good. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to RugsForGood or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Rugs For Good mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to RugsForGood or email email@example.com.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honouring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please review the remaining details of this page.
We do not collect any sensitive data about you. Sensitive data includes but is not limited to data that includes details about your ethnicity, rate, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions and health information.
Google Analytics and Facebook
We use Google Analytics functions. You can find out how your data is collected here and there are instructions here on how to opt-out of Google Analytics data tracking.
We use Facebook Insights to track your interaction with our Facebook page [https://www.facebook.com/RugsForGood/]
What are your choices?
Don’t provide us with personal data
You can choose not to provide us with any personal data. However if you do this, we will not be able to provide you with any products or services, however, you can continue to use our Site and browse the pages of our Site.
Turning off cookies
Don’t want marketing?
We will always let you know before we collect any data from you what the intended use is and if we intend to use it for marketing and if third parties are involved we will obtain your consent (which you can withdraw at anytime). You can change your mind about marketing material by opting out by (a) completing the contact us form on our contact page or by unsubscribing within the email if you have previously subscribed to our newsletter.
What are your rights?
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can access information we hold about you
We will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (e.g. another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights). We will tell you if we cant comply with your request and why.
You can contact us to ask us to correct any information we hold about you, that you believe is inaccurate.
Objections to using data for profiling or automated decisions
We may use your data to determine what products and services are relevant to you (e.g. tailoring our emails based on your behaviour). Otherwise, the only circumstances in which we will use this data is to provide our products and services to you.
You have the right to be forgotten
You have the right to request for your data to be erased. This means we have to delete all information that we hold about you, except to the extent of any information we are required to hold due to our legal obligations.
You have the right to make a complaint regarding the use of your data
If you have any complaints regarding how your data is handled, please contact us via email at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How secure is the data collected
We realise that our customers trust us to protect their data and whilst we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, or receive from us, we take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your data. This includes the following:
- Password access to accounts
- Storing electronic data with reputable third party storage providers who have appropriate security protections
- Limit access to personal information to individuals who need to know.
- Using payment providers who are PCI DSS compliant
- We do not store your payment details
Where do we store data
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your data may be processed in countries outside of Australia. If we transfer personal data outside of Australia, we will ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by ensuring these service providers have the same or similar measures in place to protect data shared.
How long do we store data
We will keep your data for as long as we need it and this period will also depend on your interactions with us. If you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing and tax purposes. When we no longer need to keep your information, we will delete it.
Third parties who process your data
We share data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate our Site
- Our suppliers and service providers working for us e.g. payment processors
- Our professional and legal advisors
- Third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection
- Law enforcement or other government authorities
- Where we have your consent to do so or otherwise where we are legally permitted to do so
- Share with third parties who enable us to provide our products and services which may include:
- payment processors such as Stripe, PayPal, Xero, Shopify who may process your payment for any products and services bought from us;
- Social media and analytics such as Facebook, Instagram and Google Adwords for purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria;
- Other third parties such as Active Campaign and MailChimp for processing and holding Data that enables us to ensure you are kept informed of our products and/or services, logins and marketing material, offers, promotions, newsletters and blogs.
All of our real time credit card authorisations are handled by PayPal and Shopify and are secured by Let’s Encrypt Authority x 3 (https://letsencrypt.org/documents/isrg-cps-v2.6/) and Digital Signature Trust Co (Root Certificate Authority) . The following measures are taken to protect your data:
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by us or any outside party.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within Shopify’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- Shopify is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- Shopify at no time touches your funds, all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by us.
PayPal and Shopify are widely respected for providing secure and reliable online payment solutions. We have chosen to deal with the best so you can feel safe that your personal information is kept safe and secure at all times. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is an information security standard for all organisations that handle branded credit cards from major card schemes. PCI DSS is a standard mandated by the card brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover and is managed by the PCI Security Standards Council.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information through our Site and the service providers.
Age of consent
By using this site, you warrant that you are at least the age of majority in your State or Territory of residence. Our Site should not be used by anyone under the age of majority and we do not knowingly collect data from anyone under the age of majority.
Cookies and how to block them
What are cookies?
Unfortunately they are not the edible kind! “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. They do not harm your systems and the HELP function in your browser will tell you how to restrict or block the cookies. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you use browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.